Friday 28 August 2015

Miley Cyrus Covers ELLE's October 2015 Issue With a Bold Stand for LGBT

No other person could face such daring new issue than Miley Cyrus - LGBT activist (and the sure to be controversial host of this weekend's VMAs).



In the October 2015 issue, Miley talks politics, her sexuality, and working with the LGBT community

The pop star and provocateur landed the cover of ELLE UK magazine boldest October issue which covers
everything gender, fluid sexuality, and the trans revolution The cover is shot by Matt Irwin and styled by Alison Edmond Miley wears a white Emporio Armani suit

With this daring issue Elle UK celebrates its 30th anniversary as Miley, 22, talks about her role as a gender activist and a politically engaged young woman, on a mission to make the world more tolerant, and gender and sexual identities less fixed.
She tells why she decided to use her power, and popularity, to do something important by setting up her charity The Happy Hippie Foundation. ‘I was kind of embarrassed that I got paid money to shake my ass in a teddy bear costume,' she says, 'I should not be worth the amount I am while people live on the streets.’

As a provocateur she's acutely aware of how to command attention to get her voice heard, ‘If you get your tits out, and they are all looking, then you can use that space to say something and get them to listen,’ she continues later.

When ask of her opinion on gender and relationships, Miley said "‘I’m very open about it – I’m pansexual. But I’m not in a relationship. I’m 22, I’m going on dates, but I change my style every two weeks, let alone who I’m with.’

No comments: