Wednesday 29 October 2014

Keyamo's Outcry: "Tompolo Threaten's to kill me"




Tompolo
Festus Keyamo- Lagos Lawyer
Lagos-based lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has written the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the State Security Services over alleged threat to his life by one Mr. Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo, an ex-militant leader.


In the petition dated October 29, 2013, and entitled, ‘Threat to kill Mr. Festus Keyamo by Mr. Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo)’ , a copy of which was sent to The PUNCH, Keyamo alleged that Tompolo had threatened that “his boys will kill me by beating me to death or shooting me anywhere they can find me.”

According to Keyamo in the petition, Tompolo allegedly threatened to kill him because he had decided to take up a case involving Tompolo’s blood brother, Mr. George Ekpemupolo.

Keyamo claimed that Tompolo’s brother was “illegally substituted for another candidate, Mr. Weyinmi Omadeli, 48 hours to the Warri South-West Local Governemnt Area election, concluded last Saturday in Delta State.”

Keyamo explained, “At exactly 10.13pm on Tuesday, October 28, 2014, I received a telephone call from one Mr. Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) with one phone number . We have been acquaintances in the past, so I know his numbers. After reaffirming that he is Tompolo when I picked his call, he went straight to the point by informing me that he wishes to inform me that he and his “boys” will kill me by beating me to death or shooting me anywhere they can find me.

“He said that the hunt for me is on. His exact words in pidgin English was ‘we dey look for you. Anywhere we see you, whether for Lagos or Abuja or Warri, we go beat you die or we go shoot you.”

According to the Keyamo, Tomopolo had told him that no one had ever challenged his authority in Delta State.

He said, “I asked Tompolo five times whether, he was, in fact, threatening my life over an open line and he said nobody in the country can do anything about it by the time I am dead.

“I am making the petition public so that when the police refuse to attend to my complaint and outcry, the ordinary people of this country will, at least, know from where my death came and I will not join the long list of unresolved murders. My killer, should, at least, be known.”

Culled from Punch:

No comments: