Wednesday 15 July 2015

Majek Fashek Gives Reasons He's Scared of Going To Rehab’

Nigerian Reggae star, Majek Fashek is currently struggling with drug addiction.

According to the singer who spoke with Encomium magazine, Majek says he is scared of going to rehab after his last experience in America, because rehab weakens a person’s mind.

He said his first contact with Rehab in the US really helped him though.

The rain maker tells it all and gives reasons he is not ready for rehab anytime soon.

“Yeah, America really helped me. Most American superstars go to rehab because they take cocaine, heroin and the likes which makes them “too high”. So they have to go to rehab. Rehab helps calm their brains after which they go back to their business. For me rehab was helpful. I was high but after rehab, I got my contract with Top Gun International. That’s Bob Marley’s label. I got it through his wife Rita Marley and an American woman, Cassandra. Rehab calms the brain so it won’t explode. It calmed me.” he said


Asked if he ever stopped taking hard drugs after Rehab,
Majek says“I am scared of Rehab. Let me tell you what I did to escape the rehab. God gave me different knowledge of Orisha, babalawo knowledge. My ancestral knowledge which is what I am using right now. I now drink akpeteshie. It’s the orisha idea i got.”he said

Asked if he preferred akpeteshie (ogogoro) to rehab, Majek said
“I prefer akpeteshie in the sense that the white man’s drugs weakens your mind, might not even be able to have sex” he said

Majek who has been separated from his wife, Rita, for a while now says he will accept her back if she apologies to him
“It’s up to my wife. If she loves me. She is a woman. She won’t live forever. Nobody can except God. If she loves her children, she will reunite with me so I can help them. It was the celestial church that confused her. They gave her wrong vision about me. The celestial church can’t try me anyday, anytime. I will attack them. I am Laura, not celestial. I will burn them. I am equipped spiritually. you no see wetin i put there(points to a praying mat with a huge bible and an Islamic talisman on it). If she’s she will apologize. And when she does, I will take her back” he said

As serious as drug addiction is, it's always fun being around Majek Fashek as he sometimes sound incongruent.
But for someone who has made Nigeria proud with his music, he needs lots of love, patience and understanding.

No comments: