Monday 21 November 2016

PDP, Former Associates Shower Accolades as Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates 59th Birthday

Prominent Nigerians shower accolades as Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan celebrates 59th birthday on 20th, November 2016.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, BNER, GCON was born on the 20th of November 1957.
He served as Nigeria's president from 2010 to 2015 before handing over to President Muhammadu Buhari on May 2015.

Several prominent Nigerians including aides and associates have sent warm birthday wishes to the former president.

  
Former Minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has described former President Goodluck Jonathan as a man of peace. FFK, who was the spokesman of the Goodluck Jonathan presidential campaign, said GEJ proved to the world that African leaders can be kind, competent, humane and selfless.



The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) also congratulated the former President, describing him as an icon of democracy.

According to Vanguard, the PDP, through its spokesman, Dayo Adeyeye, said the “legacies and achievements in academia, politics, governance and social life remains indelible and worthy of emulation by well-meaning people. 

“You are a shining light during and after office as one of the heads of state in Nigeria and Africa in general who willingly conceded power to the opposition in the interest of peace and democracy.”
Speaking further FFK, in a statement, said “Happy 59th birthday to President Goodluck Jonathan, a man of honor and peace and one that has brought so much joy and hope to millions.
“You have proved to the world that African leaders can be competent, kind, gentle, humane and selfless.

 “You have everything to be proud of and much still lies ahead for you in the affairs of our nation.
“You are the light amidst the darkness: a man that was prepared to let go of power whilst others craved for it, abuse it and are obsessed with it.
“Had it not been for that single and historic decision that you made to concede the election last year and congratulate your opponent, Nigeria would have been plunged into a cauldron of fire and the most bloody civil war that the world has ever known.”

GEJ also took to social media to express his gratitude to God and all well wishers.
"On the occasion of my birthday today, I thank my God who has enabled me live up to age 59. To Him alone be the glory. Let me also appreciate those world leaders and statesmen who have wished me well on this day as well as my beloved Nigerian people who have shown me a great outpouring of love. What am I without my people? I thank you all and as you remember my birthday with me, my prayers are that God will also reward you." GEJ.



politics, government, GEJ, birthday best wishes