Tuesday 15 November 2016

Enyimba Player Daniel Etor proposes to girlfriend on the pitch

Etor was playing at a memorial match which he organised for the one year anniversary of the death of his father.

After the game, the Nigeria U-23 star brought out his girlfriend, Simi Silas to the centre of the pitch of the Area 3 Sports Complex in Abuja to propose to her.

With his teammates– Chinedu Udoji, Emmanuel Anyanwu, Razak Aliyu, Moses Ocheje, Kelly Kester – watching, Etor knelt down to ask Simi to marry him.


Simi, an Ahmadu Bello University graduate shared a photo from the proposal on her social media with the caption “I said yes, I love him. I am so happy, I don’t even know what to say.”
Speaking to the press after the proposal, Etor praised his fiancĂ©e for being his support from ‘day one’.
“She has been my support from day one, my backbone,” the player said.

She understands me and prays for me.
I proposed on the day I remembered the first year of my father’s death. It was something I needed to do.”
Silas, 25, was recently won a beauty pageant competition called Queen of Unity Beauty Pageant.


Etor is the second Nigerian player to have proposed on the football pitch after Israeli-based Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu.